Give the gift of Education
Our Learn2Help campaign is live… And what does it mean?
One new premium user of busuu = One week of school for a child in Cameroon
You learn, you help
Become a Premium Member in December and busuu will sponsor one week of school for a child in Cameroon, Africa.
For every Premium Membership sold between 4-20 December 2014, we will make a donation to the Cameroon Association for the Protection and Education of the Child (CAPEC), which will fund school access for a child for one week.
The school in Cameroon
Busuu will provide all donations to CAPEC, an organisation we have been proud to work with for several years.
Through their school in central Cameroon, CAPEC help provide an education for children who come from low-income families in the local area.
Many of the parents are illiterate and these pupils are often the first generation in their families to be getting an education.
Get onto busuu and get learning this December
We believe that everyone in the world deserves an education, and we want to help CAPEC as much as possible in their mission to educate the children of Cameroon.
Help us to make the difference and get a premium membership now!
We have just launched our brand new busuu.com TV-spot in Germany!
As it’s in German, we have added English subtitles so you can all have a look at it!
Have a look and share it with your friends now!
Use the following link to share the clip with your friends on Facebook! www.busuu.com/enc/tvspot
We have just launched our photo contest and are giving away 3 Premium Memberships for 1 year! Click here to take part!
Our ‘Kids learn English with busuu‘ iPad app has been so successful – with over 200,000 downloads so far – that we are launching a brand new version to teach Spanish! ‘Kids learn Spanish with busuu‘ is also specially developed just for children aged 4-7 years.
Like ‘Kids learn English with busuu‘, ‘Kids learn Spanish with busuu‘ is the most advanced, interactive and easy-to-use app available on the market. Our educational experts designed the carefully structured course to help your child learn 150 Spanish words in an enjoyable and stimulating way.
It’s perfect for firing up their interest in languages, helping them to make fast progress and teaching them useful vocabulary that they can use with confidence in real life. So next time you’re on holiday in a Spanish-speaking country, they can order their own ‘helado‘ (ice-cream)!
An effective, fun way to learn Spanish
We developed ‘Kids learn Spanish with busuu‘ to make the most of all the iPad’s special features, so that your child will enjoy learning and want to continue.
- The course is based on a proven, five-step approach that engages, teaches, tests, rewards and motivates children.
- It has a magical garden that grows each time your child learns, encouraging them to carry on and allowing you to easily monitor their progress.
- There are high-quality animal illustrations and animated graphics that come to life on the iPad’s Retina display, for mental and visual stimulation.
- The app’s advanced user interface takes advantage of the iPad’s intuitive touch screen, for a truly interactive experience.
- Limited text and clear, self-explanatory exercises mean it’s perfect for your child to complete alone and keep on learning, wherever they are.
busuu.com is the world’s largest social network for language learning and we are getting bigger by the day. You are part of an active, vibrant global community that now has 30 million members in countries ranging from A to Z – or Austria to Zimbabwe!
This means that as well as having 30 million language-learning students, we also have 30 million tutors with which you can make friends, practise your language skills and share your knowledge of your own mother tongue.
How many people is 30 million?
If we had our own language, we would have the same number of native speakers as Ukrainian, Hakka (a Chinese language) or Bhojpuri (an Indian language). (source: Wikipedia) Or if busuu.com were a country with a population of 30 million, we would be about the same size as Sudan, Peru, Malaysia or Uzbekistan. (source: Wikipedia)
30 million reasons to learn with us!
Every single one of our members is a perfect reason to learn with busuu.com – direct interaction with native speakers is the best way to learn a language. You can also add our growing portfolio of language-learning tools and aids for children and adults.
- A user-friendly, interactive website for easily learning up to 12 languages, whether as a free member or a Premium member.
- Specially developed mobile apps for the iPad, the iPhone and Android phones – for learning on the go, even without an internet connection.
- Proven, effective and in-depth learning materials throughout all of our courses, from free exercises through to paid-for content.
How long have you been a busuu.com member? What do you love most about our global language-learning community? Let us know in the comments below!