We’re at the end of busuu Go, our month of motivation. So here’s a handy summary of all the tips from our busuu Go blog posts – follow these to see your language skills improve in 2014!
Love your learning
- Be positive: believe in yourself, take control of your learning and aim high!
- Set yourself goals, such as how much you want to learn and for how long you want to study each week.
- Track your progress to easily see if you’re on track or whether you need to work harder to meet your targets!
- Read the full post ‘Love learning with busuu Go’.
Make the most of feedback
- Notice the differences between how you use a language and how native speakers use it. You’ll learn faster!
- Feedback is a great way to notice these differences. It helps update our own understanding of a language.
- Pay attention to what other users say about your exercises to really see improvements in your new skills.
- Read the full post ‘Make the most of your feedback’.
Enjoy a well-deserved reward!
- At busuu, we give busuu-berries and gifts for your garden to reward you for all your language learning.
- For the best chance of success, set realistic goals. You’ll be more motivated if you know they are manageable.
- Premium members get a busuu certificate for all their hard work when they achieve a completed level.
- If you set your own goals, you can also set your own rewards!
- Read the full post ‘You deserve a reward’.
Experience lots of benefits
- Understand other cultures, solve problems more easily and boost your brain power!
- Speaking a second language can help you work more effectively with colleagues or classmates.
- It can help you progress with a job promotion, or even support you in a completely new career.
- Grow in confidence as you travel through your language-learning journey and achieve your personal goals.
- You’ll also make lots of new friends from around the world along the way!
- Read the full post ‘Learn a language for lots of benefits’.
Last chance for 20% off Premium
Stay motivated for the rest of the year! Why not make the most of our helpful tips and achieve your language-learning goals in 2014 by upgrading to Premium Membership?
As part of busuu Go, we’re offering a huge 20% discount until 31 January – upgrade now before it expires!
Has busuu Go got you going?
Have you already started using some of our motivational tips? Let us know in the comments! Don’t forget: you can also follow busuu on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for more motivation!
One of the best ways to keep your motivation levels high is to reward the hard work and effort that you’re putting into your learning. In this post we’ll give you some ideas about how you can use goals, rewards and incentives to keep you learning more throughout 2014.
Watch your garden grow
Here at busuu we reward you for all of your learning with busuu-berries and gifts for your garden. The berries can be used to make your busuu garden look even more amazing, and that’s something to really be proud of. Take a look at the shop, decide on a gift you want to buy for your garden and then work hard to get enough berries for that gift. If you want some extra motivation you can even set yourself a time limit.
Goals and certificates
We know how important it is to set your learning goals. You should make a plan of what you want to achieve and how much you want to study each day. It’s important to be realistic when you decide your goals though; a manageable goal is a far better motivator than an unmanageable one! And for all Premium users, when you finish a level on busuu you will get a busuu certificate to show for all your hard work and achievement.
Real world rewards
Gifts, berries and certificates are all well and good, but sometimes you just want some chocolate! So why not give yourself real-world rewards for your language learning. These can be for completing an hour of study, or maybe for learning 50 new words and phrases. If you set your own goals you can also set your own rewards!
And as an extra incentive from busuu we’re giving a 20% discount on Premium Memberships until the end of the month. This means you will have access to all the grammar units, recording exercises, certificates and more. Get your 2014 of language learning off to the perfect start with busuu Go and a Premium Membership.
One of the best things about busuu is the contact you can have with other users from around the world. In this post we give you some advice that will help you benefit from their feedback and keep you fully motivated into 2014.
Every time you do a writing or recording exercise on busuu you can submit your work to the community or to your busuu friends for feedback and correction. You can also connect with people in real time text and video conversations with the busuutalk feature and get direct feedback on your language skills.
How does feedback help?
Learning a language is much quicker if you notice the difference between the way that you use the language and the way that native speakers use it. Getting feedback is a great way to notice these differences as it helps us update our own understanding of the language that we are learning. This helps us use it more naturally and accurately in the future. So it’s important to pay attention to what the other users say, and to use their feedback to really see your language skills improve over the year ahead.
It’s good to share
Getting feedback from other users will help you to realise what kind of information is most effective and therefore put you in the perfect position to help other users. The more you help, the better our busuu community will be, and that will benefit all of us.
Unlock all the Premium features
And as a little incentive from busuu, we’re offering you 20% off all Premium Memberships in January. Premium members have unlimited access to busuutalk and all Premium only features such as recording exercises and grammar units. So why not really make the most of the feedback offered on busuu and get your year of language learning off to the perfect start.
How important is feedback for your learning progress? Let us know in the comments!
To kick off our month of motivation with busuu, we’re talking about ways to improve your love of language learning and keep yourself motivated throughout 2014. In this post we’ll be talking about ways to increase intrinsic motivation, the motivation that comes from within us, as well as some simple things you can do that will help keep your learning on track for the year ahead.
Intrinsic motivation comes from an enjoyment and appreciation of the activity that we are involved in. Here are three ways to help yourself to love your learning with busuu:
1. Believe in yourself. Everyone has the ability to learn another language, it’s just a question of understanding what your strengths are and making the most of them.
2. Take control of your learning. Only you are in charge of your learning and the decisions you make. Realising this can help us make the most of the learning experience.
3. Aim high. Every bit of time you dedicate to your studies takes you a step closer to being excellent in your chosen language. And for that reason, every step should be fun and rewarding in itself.
Set yourself goals
One way to take control of your learning is to set yourself goals. This doesn’t necessarily help you love your learning, but it definitely helps keep you going during the inevitable tough times. With busuu you can set a target of how much you want to learn and also state how much time you want to dedicate to your studies each week. This way you can easily see if you’re on track, and push you to work a bit harder if not.
Let busuu Go help you out
And to help get you started on your journey, here at busuu we’re offering a 20% discount on all Premium memberships during the month of busuu Go. And all this month we’ll be offering you motivational tips and advice on how to make the most of your time with busuu. Together, you and busuu are an unstoppable team!
The start of a new year is a great time for new beginnings! As we look forward to 2014 we may be excited about learning a new language, or getting back to a language that we used to study, or maybe just taking our language learning to the next level. So we introduce to you ‘busuu Go’, a whole month of motivational ideas, tips, activities and discounts that will help you make the most of your time on busuu and keep you motivated and learning throughout 2014.
What motivates you?
During the month of busuu Go we’ll be looking at the different things which motivate you and helping you benefit from all these different factors. We want to help you love language learning, get motivation from the community, set yourself targets and make the most of the features of busuu.
Keep up to date
During busuu Go, keep an eye on our Facebook page and our twitter feed for regular motivational updates, and watch this space for more blog posts giving you details of how to be the best possible language learner in 2014.
20% discount during busuu Go
And to offer you a little bit of an extra incentive, during the whole of the busuu Go month of motivation, we’re offering a 20% discount on all our premium subscriptions. This will allow you to access all the features of busuu and maximise your language learning in 2014. And with all the new features being launched this year, we’re sure you’re going to love busuu more than ever.
Get involved! Add your comments to this post.