Today is a very important day for busuu.com – we have more than 2.000.000 users! This number shows that the busuu.com baby is growing fast! Only five months ago we crossed the 1.000.000 user landmark – a lot of things have happened since then:
- We have been awarded with a “highly commended” in the Best Learning Start-Up 2010 Category in the prestigious TechCrunch Europas Awards.
- We have entered into a strategic partnership with the worldwide renown publisher Collins to offer interactive grammar guides to our English native users.
- We have successfully launched our “Save Busuu” campaign – more than 200,000 people have watched our funny Save Busuu video on youtube.
- We have implemented “My Busuu – your individual study guide“, the result of a successful cooperation with Salzburg Research Institute.
- We entered into a strategic cooperation with The Guardian and Macmillan to provide you with daily news articles from The Guardian in English and an on-demand translation via the Macmillan dictionary
As you can see, we have been very busy over the last few months and we believe that this is the reason for the success of our strongly growing language learning community. We also want to thank you for your great support and valuable feedback which helps us improve our platform continuously. More than 12.000 people join our website every day in order to improve their language skills! So invite your friends to busuu.com and make our language learning community grow even more.
Thanks again for being with us and stay tuned for new exciting features that will be launched VERY soon!
We from busuu.com are very proud to announce that we have entered into a new strategic partnership with Collins, the world renowned British language reference publisher.
Collins is the leading brand for bilingual dictionaries in the UK and Europe and known throughout the world for its innovative dictionaries and language learning materials. Collins was founded by William Collins in 1819 and has been producing dictionaries for more than 150 years.
As a first step within this partnership, we will offer detailed Collins Grammar Guides for our English-speaking users learning Spanish, French, German and Italian. The Grammar Guides are completely online and fully integrated into our existing learning material. The guides provide you with detailed grammar explanations and are directly linked to our existing grammar units.
You can access the guides by clicking on the new Collins button within each grammar unit. This will lead you directly to the corresponding topic within the new Collins Grammar Guide.
Additionally, you can access these Grammar Guides via your home area or via your language area with the new Collins tab.
The guides are available from 7.99 EUR if you’re a Premium Member or for 9.99 EUR if you are a basic user. But watch out – until the 14th of November, we will offer a special 10% introductory discount for this new product! So hurry up and get your new Collins Grammar Guides now!
We are very excited to join forces with Collins, a heavyweight within language education, in order to enhance the language learning experience of our users! The Grammar Guides are just the first step of our partnership – new exciting courses available to all our users are coming soon!