Today is a very important day for busuu.com – we have more than 2.000.000 users! This number shows that the busuu.com baby is growing fast! Only five months ago we crossed the 1.000.000 user landmark – a lot of things have happened since then:
- We have been awarded with a “highly commended” in the Best Learning Start-Up 2010 Category in the prestigious TechCrunch Europas Awards.
- We have entered into a strategic partnership with the worldwide renown publisher Collins to offer interactive grammar guides to our English native users.
- We have successfully launched our “Save Busuu” campaign – more than 200,000 people have watched our funny Save Busuu video on youtube.
- We have implemented “My Busuu – your individual study guide“, the result of a successful cooperation with Salzburg Research Institute.
- We entered into a strategic cooperation with The Guardian and Macmillan to provide you with daily news articles from The Guardian in English and an on-demand translation via the Macmillan dictionary
As you can see, we have been very busy over the last few months and we believe that this is the reason for the success of our strongly growing language learning community. We also want to thank you for your great support and valuable feedback which helps us improve our platform continuously. More than 12.000 people join our website every day in order to improve their language skills! So invite your friends to busuu.com and make our language learning community grow even more.
Thanks again for being with us and stay tuned for new exciting features that will be launched VERY soon!
busuu.com is proud to announce our new partnership with the Guardian, and with Macmillan Education.
The Guardian is one of the UK’s leading daily titles, founded in 1821 and delivers liberal journalism to a global audience via its website. guardian.co.uk is one of the highest-traffic English-language news websites in the world. The award-winning Macmillan English Dictionary was first published in 2002 and is a one-stop reference for English speakers around the world.
As a first step within this agreement, we will now offer on busuu.com a new powerful learning tool for helping you to improve your English skills.
If you are a Premium users you can now practice and improve your English skills through reading the Guardian news articles (updated daily) and search for the definition of unknown words using the integrated dictionary provided by Macmillan. Then you can post your opinion about the articles and send it for correction to our English native speakers from our community.
Of course you will be also rewarded with juicy busuu-berries for this writing exercise! :-)
This means that on busuu.com you can now improve your English skills by reading the daily news!
These new features are completely online and fully integrated into our existing learning material. You can access the Guardian News Articles via your language area through the “live units” tab.
The Guardian News Articles and Macmillan dictionary are only available for our Premium users so don’t wait and subscribe to our Premium Membership now to improve your language skills much faster!
We are very excited to join forces with such renowned references as The Guardian and Macmillan! For now, News Articles are only available for our English-learners but we are working on establishing new partnerships for all our languages. So stay tuned, new exciting functions are coming soon!