To become comfortable with new words, practise by using the word in your writing, speaking and everyday thoughts.
The more you use and think about new words, the better you can remember them. In order for a word to become a part of your vocabulary, you have to use and hear it in several ways.
The key to building up a good vocabulary is to be curious and to keep practising what you have learned.
This is why we have introduced Checkpoints – a simple new feature that will help you to learn new words and phrases and remember them!
In addition, here are our top tips for you to remember new words:
- Practise saying the word and listen to others to get the pronunciation right.
- Try to learn the word and its meaning the first time you see it.
- Practise writing the word and its definition often.
- Take advantage of Checkpoints, our new tool to help you to remember new words.
- Vary the words: Try to make them plural and use them in different sentences.
- Repeat the word many times in your mind!
- And ALWAYS have fun learning new words!