busuu is the FIRST language learning app in the world to offer spoken conversations with native speakers, and we couldn’t be more excited about it.
You learn a language to speak it, right?
Well, busuu have been working on making sure you can improve your spoken conversational skills with native speakers all over the world, by using our latest feature “Conversation”.
You can already share your written work with our community – and now you can exchange spoken exercises too.
We believe language is about dialogue, so we put our money where our mouth is!
Most importantly, you, our learners, have been requesting more speaking exercises for a while and so we’ve built a feature that really helps you to get the practice you need. With “Conversation” you aren’t just repeating what you hear, but producing sentences from scratch and creating meaning as you speak.
How does it work?
With the new Conversation feature, you can decide if you want to write or speak. It’s the ultimate way for our community to connect.
- In an exercise, you will be prompted to start a conversation in the language you’re learning. For example, you could describe your family or talk about your holiday plans.
- When you choose to speak, you record yourself by holding down the recording button for up to 30 seconds. You can then review and upload.
- Our awesome busuu community will jump in and correct you, either talking or writing back.
- The reply function means you can respond to any correction or comment with your voice.
- At the end, you’ll see a whole conversation taking place, through a thread of either written or spoken replies.
Engage with your busuu friends and take your language learning to a whole new level.
“Conversation” is an exclusive Premium feature, however, you can try the first one for free, so why not give it a go? What better way to learn a language than to speak it?