Today is a very important day for busuu.com – we have more than 2.000.000 users! This number shows that the busuu.com baby is growing fast! Only five months ago we crossed the 1.000.000 user landmark – a lot of things have happened since then:
- We have been awarded with a “highly commended” in the Best Learning Start-Up 2010 Category in the prestigious TechCrunch Europas Awards.
- We have entered into a strategic partnership with the worldwide renown publisher Collins to offer interactive grammar guides to our English native users.
- We have successfully launched our “Save Busuu” campaign – more than 200,000 people have watched our funny Save Busuu video on youtube.
- We have implemented “My Busuu – your individual study guide“, the result of a successful cooperation with Salzburg Research Institute.
- We entered into a strategic cooperation with The Guardian and Macmillan to provide you with daily news articles from The Guardian in English and an on-demand translation via the Macmillan dictionary
As you can see, we have been very busy over the last few months and we believe that this is the reason for the success of our strongly growing language learning community. We also want to thank you for your great support and valuable feedback which helps us improve our platform continuously. More than 12.000 people join our website every day in order to improve their language skills! So invite your friends to busuu.com and make our language learning community grow even more.
Thanks again for being with us and stay tuned for new exciting features that will be launched VERY soon!