That’s why you should help other people learning your language by correcting their exercises in a clear and constructive way.
- Use the toolbar above the correction area to highlight any mistakes – for example, put them in bold or in a bright colour.
- Explain why you’ve highlighted the word or phrase and suggest a better alternative.
- Give the post’s author a tip to help him avoid making mistakes
- Leave an encouraging note to the post’s author to help them stay motivated and continue learning!
And when you’ve done a good job by providing useful corrections, other members of the busuu.com community can give you a ‘thumbs up’! You could even win one of our new badges for your profile:
- super corrector (more than 1,000 thumbs up)
- very helpful corrector (500-999 thumbs up)
- helpful corrector (50-499 thumbs up)
But be careful with your corrections, you can also receive a ‘thumbs down’ ! This means that your corrections need to improve.
So should you see this badge on your profile, just follow our tips on how to make helpful corrections and collect some more ‘thumbs up’. As soon as you have more ‘thumbs up’ than ‘thumbs down’, the badge will disappear and you’re on your way to becoming a super corrector .